Last Updated: October 1st, 2020
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
A. Information that You Provide Us
We may collect and store Personal Information that you provide to us online (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). We collect Personal Information from our users via the Site during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, email address, and credit card information when purchasing our products or services.
B. Information We Automatically Collect from You
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
3. How We Use Personal Information
In addition to other uses notified to you, we may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
– Administering and operating your account;
– Providing customer service or support;
– Processing payments and fulfill orders;
– Analyzing, administering, and improving the Site;
– Enabling secure use of the Site;
– Sending information and promotional materials;
– Protecting our rights or our property;
– Meeting legal obligations; and
– For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Our Service Providers. We engage service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site or providing our products and services. For example, we may engage third parties to provide analytics and marketing services on our behalf. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies; in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person; or as otherwise required by law.
5. How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the information collected through the Site secure.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
If you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to support@ExploreHawaiiNow.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.If you are a resident of California or the European Union, please see the information below in Section 10 (California Residents) for more information regarding your rights.
7. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
We may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email or text message (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by following the instructions provided in a Communication. If a Communication is necessary for us to provide you a requested product or service, we may not be able to provide you with an opt-out.
8. Retention of Personal Information
9. Personal Information Transferred from Outside the U.S.
10. California Residents
This section applies to our collection and use of “Personal Information”, as defined under California law, if you are a resident of California.
A. Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Geolocation data such as the precise GPS coordinates of a mobile device;
- Certain categories of Personal Information described in subdivision (e) of California Civil Code Section 1798.80;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website (“Usage Information”);
- Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or behavior;
- Electronic, audio, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or other purchasing histories; and Professional or employment-related information.
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes (including any purpose specified in Section 3, above).
Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Usage Information collected automatically from the Service. This may be a “sale” as broadly defined under the CCPA. Therefore, we provide you the right to opt out of this “sale” of Personal Information as described, below.
B. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the California, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out of certain disclosures of Personal Information to third parties, if such disclosures constitute a “sale” under California law. As noted above, in the past twelve (12) months we enabled advertisers to collect certain information from the Site, which the advertisers may use to improve their interest-based advertising networks. Regardless of whether this is a “sale,” you may opt-out of interest-based advertising as described in Section 2(B), above.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us at support@ExploreHawaiiNow.com. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
12. Other Websites and Sites, Including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
14. How to Contact Us
Explore Hawaii Now
A company of Akamai Labs LLC